Wednesday, December 30, 2009

One Young Man's Definition of "Cool"

One Young Man’s
Definition of “Cool”

"Cool is my own definition of cool," he says. "That's what's important. Cool to me is getting straight A's. Cool to me is scoring three touchdowns. Cool to me is shaking the hand of our mayor," he said. "Cool to me is helping out at the nursing home. Cool to me is playing in the jazz band, and playing the lead role in 'Fiddler on the Roof.' I like to define my own path and my own journey." -Myron Rolle

Myron Rolle was a star football player at Florida State University. He earned his undergraduate degree in pre-med after two and a half years, and was taking graduate courses at Florida State this past year. While he was excelling on the football field and in the classroom he also created a program for fifth graders that encourages healthy lifestyles and physical fitness.

He's currently in Oxford, England taking part in a one year Master's program in medical anthropology.

Information obtained from the blog of our good friend Wayne Hicks. Read this and many more positive stories by following Wayne’s blog, the Electronic Village at http://www.electronicvillage.blogspot.com.

2 comments:

  1. Myron Rolle is a tremendous role model for our community. I'm glad that you were able to share his story with your blog readers!

    peace, Villager (aka, Wayne)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be great to watch Fiddler On The Roof, i have bought tickets from
    http://ticketfront.com/event/Fiddler_On_The_Roof-tickets looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete